Grab your camera or phone and head out into your neighbourhood. Look around your community, school or workplace. Where do you see people walking alongside those who walk alone? Who are the people who walk alongside you?
Be creative, be imaginative. Share your discoveries with a photo and join the visual journey as we celebrate 10 years of walking alongside.
What can I take photos of?
There are heaps of ways that you can capture the message of Walk Alongside in an image. Consider:
- A selfie of you and someone you look up to
- A memory/flashback photo from a mission trip
- A group photo at a community dinner, conversational english class, communal vegie patch
SURRENDER team member Bec took this pic before going into theSummerland House cafe in NSW. Also known as The House with No Steps, Summerland House is a farm, cafe, nursery and grocer that provides employment opportunities for people with disabilities. A beautiful expression of Walk Alongside!
Submitting your photos
Joining The SURRENDER:14 Photo Journey is simple! Once you've taken your photo you can post it online with a short caption.
- Post to Instagram or Twitter and use the hashtag #WalkAlongisde.
- Post to Facebook and tag the SURRENDER Australia page as well as #WalkAlongside